Tuesday, 14 February 2017

Making A Mood Board

I'm one of these people that clicks onto Pinterest and is still scrolling through endless pins hours later. From stunning interior to outfit inspiration, it's the perfect place to go for ideas. Something that I came across on the app was the idea of mood boards, like a real-life Pinterest board. It can be done however you like, for anything you like. Some people create them for wedding planning or home ideas, but I filled mine with things that caught my eye. It's basically like a visual ideas board.
The aim for mine was the mood of calm and positivity, so I printed off some quotes and photos that relax me. Photos of the ocean caught my eye, as well as sunsets and dandelions. Anything with candles and fairylights I snipped out too.They don't have to be arranged perfectly, I just crammed as many as I could onto the page, overlapping. As a base, I stuck them onto a big sheet of black card board.
I feel like it's a nice thing to have at the end of it, and I actually found it really relaxing to work on. You could add glitter, cut outs from magazines, things that make you laugh, some of your favourite photos... whatever works for you! Mine was something to hang in my room, but you can create something similar to use however you like. Think photos of you and your friends, quotes that inspire you, motivation, something you'd like to try... just get creative and see where it takes you.

Related Articles

19 comments :

  1. I love this! I feel like I pretty much use my bedroom walls as Pinterest boards as they are covered in post cards, illustrations and lots of pretty rubbish that has no relevance aha!

    pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Thank you so much, Marti. xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a cool idea!! I love the pictures you have chosen ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mood board looks so pretty. I love your choice of quotes & photographs. I tend to do the same on Pinterest. You can never have enough quotes, after all.😜😉

    #sweetreats xxx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You definitely can't! xx

      Delete
  4. I really want to make mood board in an attempt to motivate myself to do things! Yours looks so good xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! Thank you so much! xx

      Delete
  5. I love your moodboard! I also am a bit obsessed with Pinterest hehe. I have lots of boards and pin tons. I find it so inspiring to see such gorgeous photos. At the moment I'm looking at bedroom ideas since I'm tidying up my room and re-doing some of the decor. Actually, I'll be re-doing my pinboard soon so this post is inspiring me at just the right time! :D

    megansmegablog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks cool! I will prob try it
    xoxo TG
    targetgirlonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's gorgeous! i am going to make one RIGHT NO!
    anaeldaydreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cool idea, Beth! I've wanted to try it for a really long time but haven't gotten around to it - hopefully I will at some point though!

    ~Iris
    http://getupandoutblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I nominated you for the "one lovely blogger" award. Details are on my blog if you're interested :)

      ~Iris xx
      http://getupandoutblog.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  9. Such a lovely article, your blog is so cute! I've always loved making moodboards ever since I was a teen, so therapeutic and yours is so lovely :D following you on GFC! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara (P.S we should absolutely follow each other on bloglovin or instagram haha :D xx)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Beth May,
    I have nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award!
    For more infor view my blog.
    TargetGirl x
    targetgirlonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey!

    I also really enjoy making mood boards. I had to make several, particularly for art and design at school.

    Just a little tip: It really makes a difference, aesthetically and visually, if you put boarders around some or all of the images. A colour scheme also helps.

    They're a lot of fun! What do you do with them when you're done?

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally want to do this-- I've seen a bunch of people trying these out and it looks super fun. I love collaging so I think I would have a lot of fun making one of these. I'm also super addicted to moodboards on pinterest so having a real life one would be so cool. Neat post!
    -Vivian
    https://moonsworlds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! I hope you see this because I nominated you for the One Lovely Blogger Award. Enjoy!
    http://belliary.blogspot.ca/2017/04/the-one-lovely-blogger-award.html

    XOXO Bella

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally agree with what you say about clicking into Pintrest and being there hours later. It is almost addictive and a great way to get inspiration. Great post!
    nandythecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - I'd love to hear your opinions. :) x

Powered by Blogger.