Monday, 21 March 2016

DIY|Room Decor

I love making things - it's fun to do and you always end up making something unique and special. I'm really excited to show you a few ideas of easy crafts that you could use to decorate your room. I really enjoyed making them all.
Picture String


This first one is so easy but looks really cute and creative when you've finished. In my room, I have one made from ribbon with photos of me with friends and family, but I've made this string one up to show you the idea. I used Polariod photos here - I love the way the spotty ones look! All you need to do is decorate some wooden pegs (I painted mine and used stick on gems) and use them to clip your photos along some string, ribbon, or bunting. I strung mine across my bed. I love the way that you can change up the photos reguarly and add more as you go.
 
Pringles Tube Storage Containers
 
I made these out of a used up Pringles tube. All you need to do it cut out your shapes out of the tube and cover it in decorative paper, using glue or tape. Also, try and keep the silver rim on show - this just gives it a nicer finish. I'm really pleased with how these went! You could use them as a desk tidy or for storage on your dressing table. 
Foil Door Sign
This was a really fun one to make! All I did was use Sharpie pens to colour a sheet of tin kitchen foil. I then scrunched it up and cut out the shapes. I wrote out 'Beth's Room' on a piece of card, but used coloured foil for the 'B' and a heart shape. I love the way that the foil adds a splash of colour and a 3D effect. 
Triangle Zentangle Canvas
This last one is probably my favourite! All that I did was use strips of tape to make out the triangle shapes. This just makes sure that your triangles have a clean edge and that you can't go over the lines. I used acrilic paint to cover the triangles. I then used some paint pens to draw in the zentangle designs. 

What DIY's do you like to do to decorate your room?

Related Articles

52 comments :

  1. I love these ideas - I think I'm going to give my room a makeover with these really cute DIYs. I think my personal favorite is the picture string :):)
    ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to give my room a makeover! Have you tried Lalalalab app it is where you caneint off polaroids wit your photos, btw I followed you x
    www.thepastelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll have to give that app a try!xx

      Delete
  3. I love the zentangle! So gorgeous, and super creative. The picture string is awesome also, I'll have to make my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww it's all so cute! I love the idea of making containers out of Pringles xx

    darcia.pl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to decorate my room with photos, it makes it so personal! Just followed you on blogger xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My room really needs a redecor, so I'll probably be using these ideas! They're all so creative, I loved them :)

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These ideas are so cute! I actually have the same polaroid string and a pencil holder in my room which i made last year hahah!
    Nice post and pictures <3

    Stella xx
    onegirlblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they're so fun to make! Thanks so much xx

      Delete
  8. okay, that zentangle canvas idea is amazing! You are so creative! I will definitely be trying some of these out-- especially with my polaroid! I love the feeling of being surrounded by little reflections of myself :) thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. craft blogpost is good cannot get bored with it x
    wellwellgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so going to try these out!!
    Holly xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. They looks soooo good! I want to have a picture string in my room so badly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The picture strings are so fun to make because you can get so creative decorating them!xx

      Delete
  12. Lovely lovely post xx

    pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness this is so cute! I must try these!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVED this post! It's so creative xxx
    I've nominated you for the fun questions tag xx
    Laila
    www.lailabee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have a look now!xx

      Delete
  15. These are such cool ideas - so creative!

    Alice xo
    www.girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love the idea about photos! It's so cute, and oh so tumblr!xx

    Check out my recent?
    www.hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Hannah! Have done :) xx

      Delete
  17. These are all such lovely ideas, Beth! I really love the photo idea, which I could do now seeing as I have my little Instax camera! :) I also really like the pringle pots idea, looks simple enough and pretty. I love that you are reusing things to make something beautiful rather than just throwing them away. That's really cool xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rosie! That's really nice of you xx

      Delete
  18. I loved these ideas and especially the photo one, I have being stuck for ages with what to do with my cute little photos taken from a Polaroid! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This has inspired me to make some changes to my room, I love DIY projects. I think I am going to start a DIY section on my blog. Just followed to keep updated on all your great work, follow back!! Or check out my recent?
    Jessica Ann
    www.jessannsmyth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see DIY on your blog! Thanks so much! Will do xx

      Delete
  20. I can't wait to try it out- I love crafting DIY projects from YouTube tutorials, craft books,websites-EVERYWHERE!

    Thanks for posting this diy project!😉👍✌

    #sweetreats xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely photos!! Loved this post xxx

    Lauren | www.laurenjoannee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE these DIYs! It's so cute and easy to do! Wow! Personally I love the Zentangle but I don't know where I could put that in my room haha

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll go & have a read of your blog now xx

      Delete
  23. Hi Beth May!

    I've nominated you for the Fun Questions Tag. Everything you'll need to know is on my latest blogpost- http://bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/post-no12-2016-fun-questions-tag.html

    Can't wait to see your answers!

    #sweetreats xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. These all look so cool! Might try the pringle holders!

    Lou Loves / www.louloves01.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. What lovely ideas! I Love it, especially the picture holders x

    checkout my recent?
    www.statementundertones.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. These DIY's are so creative and pretty, my room needs a little DIY makeover I think haha xx

    Eve | evenicholls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - I'd love to hear your opinions. :) x

Powered by Blogger.