Tuesday, 12 January 2016

Three Quick & Easy Hairstyles



  Top ~ Newlook

Everybody has those mornings where you've over-slept or you're in a bit of a mad rush - and the last thing you really want to spend time on is your hair. I've put together my three favourite hair styles which will literally only take five minutes at the most - but they look like you've put a little bit of effort in.
Preparation 

So to start off, I've just given my hair a wash and a blast with a hairdryer. I've just left mine how it is naturally, but all of the hairstyles would work well with straightened or curled hair. I find that, even after I've washed my hair and slathered it in conditioner, my hair gets very knotty. At the back there will literally be a bit clump stuck together! Anyone else? If your hair is like mine, and that happens to you too, I'd definitely recommend a hair serum. It works so well - it gets rid of any tangles and leaves a shine too. After I've smoothed some into the ends of my hair, I'm ready to begin.

High Pony
with a twist




Pulling all your hair up into a high ponytail is such a quick hairstyle - so perfect for if you need to get up and go. I like my high pony's to be a little bit more messy, so really the faster you heave it up into a bobble, the better for this style; the quicker you pull it up, it won't be as tight around your face. You can tip your head forward if you'd like to (this helps to get it right on top of your head) but I prefer to tip my head back, and push my hair up. I just find this gives it a little bit more volume. I then like to cover up the bobble! This makes it look like you've spent more time on the hair style - but once you've practiced it, it won't take long at all. You just want to take a section from the ponytail and twist it loosely (it just stops any fly aways) and then wrap it round your bobble, and then secure with a hair grip. 

Plaited Hairband 
with your own hair

Hairbands are really nice ways to wear your hair down without it getting in your face. For speed, I just did a three stranded braid - but I've done it before with a fishtail plait, so that's a nice alternative if you have a little bit more time. Take a small section of hair from just behind your ear. Braid all the way to the end and secure with a clear hair elastic. Then, all you need to do is take it over your hair and secure it behind your other ear with a hair grip. You can tug at the braid to make it wider if you'd like to and repeat on to the other side if you want a double braid.

Using Hair Grips
/bobby pins




I find 'half up half down' hair styles really fun to experiment with - but sometimes there isn't really enough time. Instead, a quick version to keep your hair out of your face is using hair grips. Just simply take half your hair from one side, and pin it up at the back. Use two grips and cross them over. I always have trouble keeping grips in my hair - but spraying them with hair spray first and using the bumpy side down of the grips will help with that. Then repeat on the other side! Alternatively, you could plait or twist the sections before you pin them up.


What are your favourite quick and easy hairstyles?

Related Articles

44 comments :

  1. Man, I love the first one! I would pass people in the street with that sort of hairstyle and think 'wow, you spent hours on that!' So cool that you can get the effect in five minutes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, El! It's so quick & easy xx

      Delete
  2. mine is hair in a bun :D wow this is an amazing blog post !! love these kinds of blogs !! keep up the good work :

    check out my new post :) http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Yes, hair in a bun is a lovely hair style. I'll go & have a look at your post now xx

      Delete
  3. Great styles <3
    Chloe xx
    http://chloebee1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all really pretty! I would love to wear these to school. I'm actually doing a hairstyles post tomorrow. Our hair is really similar! xx
    www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosie! Looking forward to reading your post!xx

      Delete
  5. Great post, I really love the last one! Your hair looks so lovely and voluminous too. My hair is naturally blonde and down to my waist and I must admit, I wear 1 and 2 quite a lot already!
    http://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHH love this post :)

    http://www.alovelystyle.com/?p=115

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas!
    Have a nice day,
    Madalena

    www.maadalenaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. AAA thanks for sharing this is so helpful<3 Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'd love to support eachother! I'm following you xx

      Delete
  9. I just tend to go for the hair plait down the side :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! Side plaits are so nice!xx

      Delete
  10. A high ponytail or a bun really....
    Your hair is such a pretty colour!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness your hair is beautifully thick! My fine hair never looks that good in a ponytail!

    Elesaurus | elesaurus.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these hairstyles ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great!!!!!
    Laila
    www.lailabee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely- so realistic, yet so beautiful! Loving your blog gorgeous!:)xx

    Check out my latest post?:)xx
    http://hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/getting-my-tragus-pierced.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hannah!! I'll go over & have a look at your latest post now xx

      Delete
  15. Some great quick and easy hairstyles, I always put my hair in a bun on a lazy day!

    Emma’s World x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Buns are great hair styles xx

      Delete
  16. Our hair is so similar it's scary! Mine gets really knotted in the back too! These hairstyles are great ideas. I'm such a half up half down kind of girl.

    Victoria xx thedaisyjaynes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha! Love half up half down styles xx

      Delete
  17. These easy hairstyle ideas are so great! I'll definitely be trying out these ideas! I wear the same hairstyle pretty much every day for school! XD I do a bit up and a bit down hairstyle. It's a bit different to your version because I wear it in a bobble like a mini ponytail!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I do that hair style too! It's so good because it keeps your hair away from your face & you don't have to worry about hair grips falling out xx

      Delete
  18. Great suggestions, thank you!

    ivyholly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely hairstyles! High ponytail looks really nice on you. :) Thanks for sharing x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. My favorite hairstyles are just popping my hair into a messy bun or a high ponytail xx

    I love your blog, it's so colourful and cute xox

    Holly

    www.justanotherbritishgirlblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. i absolutely love the design of your blog, it is lovely

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - I'd love to hear your opinions. :) x

Powered by Blogger.